The Board of Trustees (BOT) composed of the DILG Secretary as Chairman, the PNP, BFP, and BJMP Chiefs as Trustees, and the PPSC President as ex-officio Trustee and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), is the highest policy-making and governing body exercising direct supervision over the PPSC.
DILG Secretary – Chairman
Chief of Philippine National Police
Chief of Bureau of Jail Management and Penology
Chief of Bureau of Fire Protection
Ex-Officio Trustee and Chief Executive Officer
President of the Philippine Public Safety College
Powers and Functions
The Board of Trustees shall exercise the following powers and functions:
- Promulgate Board Resolutions and such other issuances necessary to institutionalize, professionalize, and modernize public safety education and training and to authorize the PPSC President to issue implementing guidelines to ensure that the resolutions and instructions of the Board will be carried out effectively.
- Approve the conferment of honorary degrees and titles.
- Authorize the PPSC President to disburse funds generated from donations, grants, trusts, legacies, gifts, endowments from local or foreign sources.
- Authorize the PPSC President to administer assets in trust with the right to lease and utilize the same in furtherance of the goals and objectives of the College.
- Approve the PPSC Operations Manual, and any amendment or revision thereof.
- Approve the creation/establishment, deactivation or reactivation of education and training unit/centers.
- Recommend to the DILG Secretary the appointment of PPSC President and officials in the third level positions.
- Exercise such other powers and functions as may be prescribed by law, or rules and regulations.
In the performance of the powers and functions, the Board shall be assisted by a staff complement to be headed by a Board Secretary, who shall be responsible for providing support services and maintenance of records.