REGIONAL TRAINING CENTER 10
The 10th Regional Police Training Center (RPTC) is the pioneering Center in Mindanao. It caters to Region 10 comprising the provinces of Agusandel Norte, Agusan del Sur, Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Camiguin, Bukidnon, Lanao del Norte and Surigao del Norte.
It is located at 6th Division, Patag, Cagayan de Oro City along the old road of Cagayan de Oro-Iligan Highway. The present center dates back 41 years upon the promulgation of Republic Act 4864 also known as Police Act of 1966 that authorized the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) to organize, develop police training programs and operate police academies.
Police Major Manuel Ronda and Asst Commissioner ConstantinoTavanlar were responsible for the allocation of 6,742 square meter parcel of land from a certain Col Acid, IV military area, Division Commander of the 4th Infantry Division, Philippine Army in 1967 that came the eventual genesis of the Northern Mindanao Police Academy.
Construction of POLCOM Northern Mindanao Police Academy (NMPA) commenced in 1967 and completed in 1969 the first batch of the Police Basic Course was opened comprising 109 participants from the different police units in Mindanao.
The operational, administrative control and supervision of the NMPA was then transferred to the Integrated National Police in 1975. A year after, the NMPA was renamed, Regional Training Center 10 subsequently changed to Integrated National Police Training Center 10 and to Philippine National Police Training Center 10.
On October 1991, career trainings for non-commissioned officers were centralized to PNPTC 11, Mintal, Davao City resulting to the deactivation of PNPRTC 10 and other Regional Training Schools in Mindanao.
On January 1993, DILG Secretary Rafael M. Alunan III organized the PPSC Task Force by virtue of an Executive Order signed by the President Fidel Valdez Ramos. It was headed by retired Brig Gen Cicero C. Campos who was appointed founding President of the Philippine Public Safety College.
The promulgation of RA 6975 reactivated the Regional Training Centers. In Region 10, of P/MAJ GEN GUILLERMO P ENRIQUEZ JR, the RTCs were renamed Regional Training Center.
Now, RTC10 served the training needs of Police Non-Commissioned Officers in region 10 from the provinces of Bukidnon, Camiguin, Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental and Lanaodel Norte.
It is also a satellite center of the National Police College.
The following are the Commandants/Regional Training Directors of RTC10:
- PMAJ MANUEL F RONDA, DSC (1986-1970)
- PMAJ VIRGILIO Z JAVIER, MNSA (1971-1972)
- P/COL NEMESIO R BURDEN, DSC (1972-1975)
- P/CAPT DIONISIO B COLOMA, JR, MNSA (1975-1978)
- P/COL TEODORICO C SENO, DSC (1978-1980)
- P/COL SAMSON G TAMPARONG, MNSA (1980)
- P/MAJ YAKAL M GIRON (1981-1983)
- P/LT COL MACARTHUR A CASAN, MNSA (1983-1987)
- P/COL RODOLFO C BALARIAS, DSC (1987-1989)
- P/MAJ EDUARDO EDUARDO B VIDAL, DSC (1989-1991)
- P/CI RAMON GALAS SAWAN, DSC (1993-1997)
- P/SUPT RUPERTO D MAMARIL (1997-1999)
- P/SUPT ANTONIO L CARBAJAL, DSC (1999-2000)
- P/CI BENITO O RAMOS, DSC 2000
- PCI AUGUSTO S QUILISADO (2000-2001)
- PSSUPT HONORIO S CERVANTES (2001-2002)
- PSUPT EDUARDO VIDAL, DSC (18 Sep 02-18 Mar 04)
- PSSUPT RAMON G SAWAN, DSC (19 Mar 04-31 Aug 07)
- PSUPT ERIC GALAGNARA DAMPAL, MPA (17 Jan 2008-19 Jun 08)
- PSSUPT RAMON G SAWAN, DSC 19 (Jun 08-14 Nov 08)
- PSUPT BENITO O RAMOS, DSC (14 Nov 08-present)
RTC10 in its quest to materialize its mission and vision gives attention and importance to quality education. Achieve academic excellence, ensure strict implementation of training programs to develop disciplined mind and body as its commitment to produce more efficient and effective public safety personnel.
- Badges of the three (3) bureaus: PNP, BFP and BJMP
- Men in uniformed - Client of RTC10
- Bible - Book of knowledge
- Laurel Leaves - Glory and wisdom
- *** allegiance to the Filipino Flag
- Summary - Like the sun that brings light
Master Education and Training Program FY 2017
No. of Classes
No. of Participants